петък, 21 декември 2012 г.

Alfie - good guy eventually

I watched a movie yesterday. Nothing really memorable, but it left a pleasant taste. My expectations were for a movie, where the main character-womanizer discovers that he has to change his way of life, tries and at the end ends up alone. I watched a similar one soon. But in fact the leading topic in this one was friendship. And how important is to find it even if you're not searching for it. No matter if you find it in the face of ignored lover/someone's wife or in old man, that you met accidentally in the restroom.


 





© United International Pictures (UIP)                                                    Photo: Paramount Pictures / SL

This scenes were very powerful to me. Because as the main character guessed and I agree with him: You can't only take, you've got also give. Recently my life is full with moments, where boys brag about the chicks that they've been with or the chicks they are going to score, but there is a big lack of friends, just calling to see "What the hell is going on?". Which is the case in the movie I think. 

The thing that I liked in the movie was of course Jude Law. Handsome man with charm and this so cute English accent. His character in My Blueberry Nights with Norah Jones, that I've watched couple of months ago, was quite likable, but in this movie he smiles non-stop and makes wise conclusions. 

Sienna Miller, who is a very nice babe. Sexy, but also a little bit unbalanced. The feeling that she inspires in boys is what Alfie calls The "O-ooo" Moment. Something that you can't handle, or you don't want to, or you don't have to. It depends. This "O-ooo" Moment gives the director, the operator and the editor a chance to play around in a funny way and to use an interesting technique, that I don't know how it's called, because I haven't been studying anything related with cinematography. And as my boyfriend noticed there are more techniques such as switching stills in order 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 6, which is pretty applicable in scenes where they undress.
 


Adam, Julie's boyfriend. Julie is played by Marisa Tomei, who according to my boyfriend is really nice girl, I agree with him, but not so enthusiastically. But now it's about him, not her. He's just "Wow", when I saw him, it brings me smile, I don't know exactly why, but "wow". I will let myself: :D:D:D The name of the actor is Stephen Gaghan by the way. 
Another photo of him with Marisa just so you can see him again.

Liz's bouquet. Or rather the way that Alfie makes it and they both with the florist pick every single flower, related with her character. It's pretty romantic, because when he does it, Alfie thinks only of her, which is not typical of him. This is where I should mention that Liz is played by Susan Sarandon, who in the movie is around 50, woman who has class, far from perfect of course, but she completely deserves this bouquet. Well maybe he thinks differently minutes after he gives her the bouquet, but that is in the movie.
 

And at the end is the finale of the movie. The epilogue from Alfie and the song Old habits die hard.

Alfie: What have I got? Really? Some money in my pocket. Some nice threads, fancy car at my disposal, and I'm single. Yeah... unattached, free as a bird... I don't depend on nobody. Nobody depends on me. My life's my own. But I don't have peace of mind. And if you don't have that, you've got nothing. So... So what's the answer? That's what I keep asking myself. What's it all about? You know what I mean? 
Old habits die hardHard enough to feel the pain

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар